The only thing more important than stories and humor to speakers is oxygen. If you’re not telling stories you’re missing the boat. If you’re telling stories poorly, you’re sinking it. One of my favorite quotes about speaking is from Andy Rooney – “You’re more interested in what you have to say than anyone else is”. This is so true, especially for content-rich experts who really have important things to say but listening to them feels like a death march.
My workshop Just Because You Tell Stories…Doesn’t Make Them Good is for you if your stories and humor aren’t working. If you’re not sure they’re working, just look at your listeners; you’re in trouble if they look like they’ve got gas.
This workshop is specifically designed for content-rich experts who need to make their presentations more interesting, memorable, and persuasive. Its primary emphasis is StorySelling®; linking stories to your content. Stories are magic. They connect you to listeners and influence them in ways that logic and data cannot. Stories can be joyful or soulful. They make us laugh and cry. They make us real. All great leaders and speakers throughout history have used stories to influence listeners to act and stir their imaginations; you can too.
The humor aspect of this workshop is about finding your funny; how to think funny and bring clean humor into your stories and content-rich presentations.
This is not a comedy, how-to-tell-jokes workshop.
This StorySelling® and Humor Workshop is best suited for;
- Speakers on “dry” technical topics
- “Dry” speakers on any topic
- Leaders who need to connect better with followers
- Instructors who want to inspire their students
- Service providers who want to influence clients, patients, prospects, or consumers
At the workshop you’ll learn how to;
- Use the StorySelling® process to link stories to content
- Discover original stories and clean humor
- Structure stories and humor to fit into your presentations
- Use the Humor Wheel™ process for finding your funny
- Use storytelling and humor stagecraft techniques
- Use humor to peak listeners interest making your key content points memorable
- Tell stories about ordinary events in extraordinary ways
- Boost your storytelling and humor awareness enabling you to see stories and humor opportunities from your daily life
Dr. Paul Homoly, CSP
Dr. Paul Homoly, CSP, is known for his ability to coach content experts how to use storytelling and humor to add interest and value to their presentations to audiences, one-on-one conversations, and online events. He’s the author of the original concept of StorySelling® which combines stories with business objectives. He is author of two books on presentation/leadership skills; Just Because You’re an Expert…Doesn’t Make You Interesting and Just Because You’re Leading…Doesn’t Mean They’ll Follow. Paul enjoys the highest earned designation in professional speaking from the National Speakers Association – CSP – Certified Speaking Professional.
Carlos leverages his experience as a professional comedian to create an engaging, educational, and entertaining CE experience – his events are both informative and hilarious!
Carlos Rodríguez grew up in New Jersey and currently lives in Atlanta, GA. He has been married for over 25 years and he and his wife have 2 wonderful children. Carlos has always loved and had a passion for comedy, especially standup. When he’s not busy cracking jokes, his hobbies include photography, fishing and camping.
He served honorably in the US Navy as a Dental Tech for 3 years and transitioned to civilian life in 1990. He has been a dental hygienist for 23 years and has a passion for making his patients smile! Carlos has performed in clubs and colleges and for fund raising and corporate events all over the east coast!